openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Doug <dmcgarr...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: HP LaserJet question
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 07:04:11 GMT
On 09/06/2013 10:12 PM, Girvin Herr wrote:
> Doug,
> I just had a similar thing happen to my HP Laserjet 4050tn.  It was very
> slow getting the pages out.  I was using the CUPS Postscript driver and
> isolated the problem to the printer.  Cups showed the document sent and
> completed as far as it was concerned, but the printer LED was still
> flashing and after 30 minutes, still had not printed even the first
> page.  I discovered changing the CUPS driver from Postscript to the HP
> PCL3 driver made it work fine.  Now pages print within seconds of
> clicking on Print.
> All of my computers are Slackware 14.0 Linux and all of my HP printers
> are networked.

/snip/

The change from Postscript to the PCL3 driver was successful. By now
I have printed quite a few things on the LaserJet, and everything
started to print within about four flashes of the light.
THANK YOU for the assistance!

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley