openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: HP LaserJet question
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2013 13:20:37 GMT
Hi Doug,

I've an idea what happened to you: Maybe reducing the complexity of
graphical objects on the printed output may help you.
Go to menu item /tools/options/OpenOffice/printing
and activate both checkboxes to reduce transparency and gradients within
the printed output. Perhaps that's it because postscript cannot reduce
such content on it's own and the input data on the printer can become
very very large.

Am 07.09.2013 01:16, schrieb Doug:
> I have an HP LaserJet 2200dn, networked with 3 computers--one normally
> running Windows 7 and two normally running PCLOS. From Linux, when
> I send it something to print, sometimes--not always--the busy light will
> start to flash, and then it may print a couple hours, or a day later, or
> never. Other times it will print right away. Does anyone
> reading here know of a way to "tickle" it to make it print what it's
> sitting on? (Other times, it prints right away.)
> (There is no HP support--the printer is over 5 years old, so HP
> has disowned it.)

Kind regards, Joost