openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Doug <dmcgarr...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: HP LaserJet question
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2013 03:43:04 GMT
On 09/06/2013 10:46 PM, Julian Thomas wrote:

> On 6Sep  2013, at 10:12 PM, Girvin Herr <girvin.herr@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> I discovered changing the CUPS driver from Postscript to the HP PCL3 driver made
it work fine.  Now pages print within seconds of clicking on Print.
>> All of my computers are Slackware 14.0 Linux and all of my HP printers are networked.
>
> Could this be an issue with the size of the printer memory?
>
> --
> jt@jt-mj.net   http://jt-mj.net
> Switching is a science, radio is an art. Grounding is Black Magic.

I have 64+ MB in this printer--it's full. 64 MB in two DIMM slots, and 8
GB built in--72 MB, total. Available memory comes up 65.85 MB. Unless
you think that's the problem?

--doug (WA2SAY)

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley