openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dale Erwin <>
Subject Re: open office vers 4
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 04:56:22 GMT
On 9/2/2013 11:50 AM, Dale Erwin wrote:
> On 9/2/2013 3:59 AM, Armin Le Grand wrote:
>>     Hi Dale,
>>> I have never made a bug report before.  How do I do it?
>> First, thanks for keeping us informed. You can register for Bugzilla:
>> and then write a task there.
>> If you have or can create a reduced example I can also do that for
>> you, when I can reproduce it here, see below.
>>> I have tried it at least a half dozen times always with the same
>>> results.  If I deselect "PDF/A-1a" it exports without crashing. If I
>>> select "PDF/A-1a" it crashes during export.
>>> As far as attaching the offending document, it is a master document
>>> with 44 sub documents, a total of 566 pages when fully expanded.
>>> Seems that would be a lot of files to attach.
>> This is of course too much for a task in bugzilla. Often it is
>> possible to reduce examples for tasks to relevant parts, in this case
>> to the part which causes the crash. Do you have a hint which part
>> crashes? Does that pasr alone crash? Maybe you have a simple example
>> for the crash? Maybe someone else has one (many people are reading
>> here). If yes, please, speak up!
>> You may isolate the problematic part retalively quick if it's
>> possible to split your example always in two halfs, thus getting to a
>> small example relatively quickly.
>>> Earlier, someone posted a link to a bug report concerning PDF export
>>> from Print Preview.  I have no idea if this is the same bug or not.
>> To ensure this or to find out we will need your reduced example, too,
>> no way around ;-)
> OK, I copied all the files to a test folder (btw, I was mistaken,
> there are 49 sub files).  If I open the master document without
> expanding the sub files, it will export successfully.  Any one of the
> sub files will export successfully (well, I didn't try every one of
> them, but several).  I deleted all the sub files from the navigator
> except for two which are only 2 pages each, so there are a total of
> only 6 pages, and it crashes just as before.  Is that sufficiently
> abbreviated?
Unless I don't  understand the process, it seems to me that it is only
possible to attach one file to the bug report.  Therefore I did not
submit the bug.  I need to submit three files.  I imagine I could also
do it with only two files, but that is still more than one.

Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU

To unsubscribe, e-mail: