openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org>
Subject Re: open office vers 4
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 04:56:22 GMT
On 9/2/2013 11:50 AM, Dale Erwin wrote:
> On 9/2/2013 3:59 AM, Armin Le Grand wrote:
>>     Hi Dale,

>>> I have never made a bug report before.  How do I do it?
>>
>> First, thanks for keeping us informed. You can register for Bugzilla:
>> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ and then write a task there.
>> If you have or can create a reduced example I can also do that for
>> you, when I can reproduce it here, see below.
>>

>>> I have tried it at least a half dozen times always with the same
>>> results.  If I deselect "PDF/A-1a" it exports without crashing. If I
>>> select "PDF/A-1a" it crashes during export.
>>>
>>> As far as attaching the offending document, it is a master document
>>> with 44 sub documents, a total of 566 pages when fully expanded.
>>> Seems that would be a lot of files to attach.
>>
>> This is of course too much for a task in bugzilla. Often it is
>> possible to reduce examples for tasks to relevant parts, in this case
>> to the part which causes the crash. Do you have a hint which part
>> crashes? Does that pasr alone crash? Maybe you have a simple example
>> for the crash? Maybe someone else has one (many people are reading
>> here). If yes, please, speak up!
>> You may isolate the problematic part retalively quick if it's
>> possible to split your example always in two halfs, thus getting to a
>> small example relatively quickly.
>>

>>> Earlier, someone posted a link to a bug report concerning PDF export
>>> from Print Preview.  I have no idea if this is the same bug or not.
>>>

>> To ensure this or to find out we will need your reduced example, too,
>> no way around ;-)
>
> OK, I copied all the files to a test folder (btw, I was mistaken,
> there are 49 sub files).  If I open the master document without
> expanding the sub files, it will export successfully.  Any one of the
> sub files will export successfully (well, I didn't try every one of
> them, but several).  I deleted all the sub files from the navigator
> except for two which are only 2 pages each, so there are a total of
> only 6 pages, and it crashes just as before.  Is that sufficiently
> abbreviated?

Unless I don't  understand the process, it seems to me that it is only
possible to attach one file to the bug report.  Therefore I did not
submit the bug.  I need to submit three files.  I imagine I could also
do it with only two files, but that is still more than one.

--
Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03