openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org>
Subject Re: open office vers 4
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 16:50:30 GMT
On 9/2/2013 3:59 AM, Armin Le Grand wrote:
>     Hi Dale,
>
> On 30.08.2013 17:56, Dale Erwin wrote:
>> On 8/30/2013 3:32 AM, Armin Le Grand wrote:
>>>     Hi Dale,

>>> This is an important thing. Do we have a bug report for this? Is it
>>> repeatable?
>>> It will not be fixed when it's not properly reported. Developers
>>> eventually read in this user group, but better let them use their
>>> time to fix tasks. Thus, your very welcome and important donation to
>>> the project would be to write a bug report, maybe with examples.
>>> Please check before if there already is one. If yes, please mention
>>> the BugID when talking about it (as here).
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> I have never made a bug report before.  How do I do it?
>
> First, thanks for keeping us informed. You can register for Bugzilla:
> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ and then write a task there.
> If you have or can create a reduced example I can also do that for
> you, when I can reproduce it here, see below.
>

>> I have tried it at least a half dozen times always with the same
>> results.  If I deselect "PDF/A-1a" it exports without crashing. If I
>> select "PDF/A-1a" it crashes during export.
>>
>> As far as attaching the offending document, it is a master document
>> with 44 sub documents, a total of 566 pages when fully expanded.
>> Seems that would be a lot of files to attach.
>
> This is of course too much for a task in bugzilla. Often it is
> possible to reduce examples for tasks to relevant parts, in this case
> to the part which causes the crash. Do you have a hint which part
> crashes? Does that pasr alone crash? Maybe you have a simple example
> for the crash? Maybe someone else has one (many people are reading
> here). If yes, please, speak up!
> You may isolate the problematic part retalively quick if it's possible
> to split your example always in two halfs, thus getting to a small
> example relatively quickly.
>

>> Earlier, someone posted a link to a bug report concerning PDF export
>> from Print Preview.  I have no idea if this is the same bug or not.
>>

> To ensure this or to find out we will need your reduced example, too,
> no way around ;-)

OK, I copied all the files to a test folder (btw, I was mistaken, there
are 49 sub files).  If I open the master document without expanding the
sub files, it will export successfully.  Any one of the sub files will
export successfully (well, I didn't try every one of them, but
several).  I deleted all the sub files from the navigator except for two
which are only 2 pages each, so there are a total of only 6 pages, and
it crashes just as before.  Is that sufficiently abbreviated?

--
Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03