openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Luis Iglesias <luis.igles...@vigo.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice 4.0 cannot open .doc file LO 4.1 can
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 05:58:01 GMT
It's not a "doc" format but a "docx". If you rename it to docx you'll open it with Apache OpenOffice
too.

----- Mensaje original -----
De: "TN Patriot" <irgunii@gmail.com>
Para: users@openoffice.apache.org
Enviados: Miércoles, 11 de Septiembre 2013 6:42:16
Asunto: Re: OpenOffice 4.0 cannot open .doc file LO 4.1 can

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 20:06:18 -0700
NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> The MS Doc file on:
> https://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssi/text-understanding-ssi.htm
>
> USSI (MSWord)
> (311 KB doc)
>
> <https://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssi/documents/USSI%202012%20%20final%20clean%20copy%20on%203-30-12.doc>

> Cannot be opened with AOO 4.0. However it opens without issue using
> LibreOffice 4.1.
>
> AOO:
> AOO400m3(Build:9702) - Rev. 1503704
> 2013-07-16 14:49:37 (Tue, 16 Jul 2013) - Linux x86_64
>
> LO:
> Version: 4.1.0.4
> Build ID: 89ea49ddacd9aa532507cbf852f2bb22b1ace28
>
> The error message is:
>
> "The file 'USSI 2012 final clean copy on 3-30-12.doc' is corrupt and
> therefore cannot be opened. OpenOffice cna try to repair the file.
>
> The corruption could be the result of document manipulation or of
> structural document damage due to data transmission.
>
> We recommend that you do not trust the content of the repaired document.
> Execution of macros is disabled for this document.
>
> Should OpenOffice repair the file?"
>
> Clicking 'Yes' results in "Read-Error. Error reading file."
>
> And anyone reproduce?

Does the same here with my 4.0 also, but I don't believe it's a correct 'doc' file.
It's put together more like a archive. Maybe LO is set up to open archives for some
reason?

--
Learn about Jury Nullification! Help take back our country from our corrupt
government! http://www.fija.org Spread the word!

--
Luis Iglesias Rejas
Servizo de Administración Electrónica