openoffice-users mailing list archives

From BRM <>
Subject Re: linux remarks in: Someone is hell bent on seeing AOO go away
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 20:31:26 GMT
From: Alexandro Colorado <>

To:; BRM <>
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: linux remarks in: Someone is hell bent on seeing AOO go away
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM, BRM <> wrote:

"openoffice-gnome-integration"[1], which is provided by AOO; there is no
 package "openoffice-kde-integration" - which is what my comment was
> >So I have no mime-type integration aside from what I
do manually; nor do I have it on any menus in KDE4, so I have to run it
via KRunner and an explicit path to the soffice binaries[3].
>Now, if openoffice-gnome-integration will do the above without
requiring GNOME to be installed, great - I haven't tried it as the name
suggests requiring GNOME which I don't have installed (Kubuntu user).
> ​There used to be a KDE integration project at

Interesting...sadly it returns 404 now.

 There used to be many ideas, but most of the integration became a
"theme-only"  where the Oxygen skin will get selected under the Native
Widget Framework. ​

I honestly don't care if it integrates into the theming. I'd just like to have AOO on the
K menu and the mime-types association.
Anything else is gravy.

KDE-PIM/Akonadi/Strigi/Nepomuk integration would be nice, but again - that's gravy; right
now we just need the basics.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message