openoffice-users mailing list archives

From BRM <bm_witn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: linux remarks in: Someone is hell bent on seeing AOO go away
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 20:02:58 GMT
From: Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com>
To: "users@openoffice.apache.org" <users@openoffice.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 6:49 PM
Subject: linux remarks in: Someone is hell bent on seeing AOO go away
> I was cruising through the users list yesterday and came across this message.
> http://markmail.org/message/tl2jof3b5inpnedj
> I, too am a Linux/KDE users of 11 years, but I'm not sure what you mean by
> this comment --
> "I use KDE; AOO only provides integration for GNOME. "
> Could you elaborate?
> What AOO desktop-integration bits do you install?

As the OP on the comment...

I installed AOO from the unofficial Debian Ports tree hosted on SF.net[1].

There is a package in there called "openoffice-gnome-integration"[1], which is provided by
AOO; there is no package "openoffice-kde-integration" - which is what my comment was about.
So I have no mime-type integration aside from what I do manually; nor do I have it on any
menus in KDE4, so I have to run it via KRunner and an explicit path to the soffice binaries[3].

Now, if openoffice-gnome-integration will do the above without requiring GNOME to be installed,
great - I haven't tried it as the name suggests requiring GNOME which I don't have installed
(Kubuntu user).

If I'm missing something, then please point me in the right direction. And of course I'll
be happy to help with testing of any KDE integration.

Ben

[1]http://sourceforge.net/projects/apacheoo-deb/files/
[2]http://sourceforge.net/projects/apacheoo-deb/files/debian/pool/main/o/openoffice-gnome-integration/
[3]/opt/openoffice4/program/soffice