openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Maurice Howe" <maur...@stny.rr.com>
Subject RE: Someone is hell bent on seeing AOO go away... (Rampant FUD in FOSS Land)
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:58:10 GMT
FOSS usually means Free and Open Source Software.
FUD usually means Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (or Disinformation).

Maurice Howe (a happy AOO user)

-----Original Message-----
From: Scooter [mailto:scooter@scootersdesk.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:43 AM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Someone is hell bent on seeing AOO go away... (Rampant FUD in
FOSS Land)

Good Morning Group,

I'm a bit confused. What is FOSS & FUD and why would any of us think "Open
Office is pretty much only a memory" (per Mr Cassia).? I join Mr.
Davis' opinion. I tried LibreOffice (LO) not knowing about Apache Open
Office (AOO), and didn't like LO. It was too different from OO 3.3.
If Mr Cassia is literally referring to the Open Office of Oracle then he is
correct, but LO ain't it.

How and why is Mr Cassia in this List group If he detests AOO so much. I
can't judge his statements about the Linux version, I am a happy Win7 user
of AOO, especially since it went into Apache's main level of support.

I read the articles included in Mr Cassia's email. I didn't understand ,
since most of it referred to SQL, MySQL, Maria/DB and not to LibreOffice The
websites were geared to Linux, maybe that's why this diatribe makes no sense
to me.

Take Care.
Scooter
College Park, MD USA