openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Duffield <ryduffi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secure Password Problem
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 02:08:26 GMT
I've never tried renaming the document after it being recovered.  I just
know it recovers as a Read-Only file.  That has been an inconvenience but
not an important issue because I could simply do a Save-As to a new file
name in the same folder and that new file would be both Read and Write
again.  My memory issue nagged at me intermittently for a long time before
I found the cause so I've experienced a lot of blue screens while this
particular file was opened.  I just allowed the recovery process to take
place during the reboot and all was well (except for the Read-Only
limitation) and the password was always intact.  This last time though the
password was seemingly corrupted.

I'll look at trying the suggestions I've received from my inquiry and see
if I can get this file back.  As I indicated originally though, I have less
multiple less current copies of the same file so the loss of this one would
not be overly traumatic.  It would just be very helpful to recover the most
current data if I can.

Thank you,

Robert

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Martin Groenescheij <Martin@groenescheij.com