openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Duffield <ryduffi...@gmail.com>
Subject Secure Password Problem
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 19:33:47 GMT
I have very few password protected documents but have one Calc document
which is very important to me that I protect with a very secure password.
Fortunately, I periodically do a Save As of this document and retain many
of the previous copies even though the contents have been superseded by the
newest file.

I use the same password for all copies of this file so I know what the
correct password is.  I have not changed this password in years.

My problem is that the password for the newest copy of this Calc document
seemingly has become corrupted and the correct password will no longer open
it.

This all seems to have come about as a result of some blue screens while
the file was open, caused by a failed memory module.  Once I removed the
defective memory and got the computer working correctly again, I discovered
I could no longer access my Calc document because my password no longer
works.

My question is, is there any file recovery I can run for this document
which might restore the password to what it is supposed to be?  I am using
Open Office v3.4.1 on a Win XP Pro SP3 pc.

I can abandon this corrupted file but it does contain the most current
information which is not available in the most recent preceding file.  It
is not a traumatic event but will be a definite inconvenience if I have to
abandon this corrupted file.

Any suggestions offered will be appreciated, even if I end up failing in my
effort.

Thank you,

Bob

--