openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO 4.0.0 unusable
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 09:48:08 GMT
On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 3:36 AM, Josef Latt <Josef.Latt@gmx.net> wrote:

> In addition to the mail from Brian Barker.
>
> You must do a so-called administration installation:
>
> After downlaoding the package start it, the files will be unpacked in a
> separate folder. Disrupt the installation process. Go to the folder and
> start the administration installation with 'setup /a' or 'msiexec /a
> openofficexx.msi'.

Are you really advising end users to drop to a command line and call
msiexec with a bunch of parameters? really? Why should the
installation process be "disrupted"?

I never had to do ANYTHING of the above, and I have AOO 4.0
co-existing with older OO.o and StarOffice.
AFAIK Windows provides the ability to run executables as administrator
just with a right-click...

FC

Durante ├ępocas de Enga├▒o Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell