openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Manuel del Valle <m...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: OpenOffice Writer 4.0.0 crashes, Writer 3.4.1 works correctly
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2013 14:04:29 GMT
> What is the squiggle at the end of:
> ===> Trying with smaller chunks, the problematic text seems to be: ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
 <=== ??
> And if I click the wikipedia line, the whole screen fills with similar blather.
> Google 'translate' throws up it's hands...

It seems that this "similar blather" is PUNJABI, a language spoken by over 100 million of
native speakers...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punjabi_language
even further, it is listed top-ten in wikipedia's "List of languages by number of native speakers"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

not bad at all for a "squiggle", huh?

What I mean is that you should be more respectful when writing to this list about other people's
cultures.
You're not alone in this wide world ;)