openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Martin Groenescheij <mar...@groenescheij.com>
Subject Re: Summary of AOO 4.0 download activity for 1st week
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:27:37 GMT

Yes, you're right, there is a lot that could be improved but keep in mind that Oracle hasn't
done anything to improve the product.
I have a lot of respect for the hard work these volunteers do.

Sent from my iPad

On 02/08/2013, at 8:12 PM, "Urmas" <davian818@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Rob Weir":
> In what way do you think this is true?
>
> Bugs/features affecting Windows integration or performance are overlooked, sometimes
for 2–3 years. Compatibility and interaction with Windows-only software is ridiculed.

> Those ones affecting Linux get more attention. It gives a clear message that developers
give no crap about users and are concerned only with their corporations' interests.

> My pet peeve is the terrible work with dictionaries in Windows version which makes me
use a Linux VM just to proofread documents.