openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org>
Subject Re: open office vers 4
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 15:56:35 GMT
On 8/30/2013 3:32 AM, Armin Le Grand wrote:
>     Hi Dale,
>
> On 29.08.2013 21:14, Dale Erwin wrote:
>> I've never had it crash on me either, but it has other shortcomings.
>> For me, the deal-breaker was some sort of bug in pdf export.  On
>> second thought, I guess what happens during pdf export is indeed a
>> "crash".  Every time I try to export my document with "PDF/A-1a"
>> selected, I get a message from Windows (Win 7) saying that Open
>> Office has stopped working.
>
> This is an important thing. Do we have a bug report for this? Is it
> repeatable?
> It will not be fixed when it's not properly reported. Developers
> eventually read in this user group, but better let them use their time
> to fix tasks. Thus, your very welcome and important donation to the
> project would be to write a bug report, maybe with examples. Please
> check before if there already is one. If yes, please mention the BugID
> when talking about it (as here).
>
> Thanks in advance!

I have never made a bug report before.  How do I do it?

I have tried it at least a half dozen times always with the same
results.  If I deselect "PDF/A-1a" it exports without crashing.  If I
select "PDF/A-1a" it crashes during export.

As far as attaching the offending document, it is a master document with
44 sub documents, a total of 566 pages when fully expanded. Seems that
would be a lot of files to attach.

Earlier, someone posted a link to a bug report concerning PDF export
from Print Preview.  I have no idea if this is the same bug or not.

--
Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03