openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Martin Groenescheij <Mar...@Groenescheij.COM>
Subject Re: open office vers 4
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 03:11:54 GMT

On 30/08/2013 9:56 AM, TN Patriot wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:14:14 -0500
> Dale Erwin <> wrote:
>    <top-posting fixed>
>> On 8/29/2013 12:28 PM, TN Patriot wrote:
>>>     That's relative. I've had it and been using it since the day it was announced
>>> that it was available for download. I've not had it crash on me once in all this
>>> time.
>> I've never had it crash on me either, but it has other shortcomings.
>> For me, the deal-breaker was some sort of bug in pdf export.  On second
>> thought, I guess what happens during pdf export is indeed a "crash".
>> Every time I try to export my document with "PDF/A-1a" selected, I get a
>> message from Windows (Win 7) saying that Open Office has stopped working.
>> My publisher says I need this option because that is the way to get all
>> fonts embedded into the document.  They will not accept a PDF file that
>> does not have all fonts embedded.
>    It seems to be either something on your computer alone, or Winblows in general.
>    Exporting to "PDF/A-1a" works fine on my linux after just now testing it.
If it is in Winblows in general it should be fixed.

By the way it crashes on my Windows system under certain conditions.
  - When I exported only a few pages from the Page preview screen it
     if I exported the whole document it works correct.
  - When I export a few pages from the main screen (not preview) it
works fine as well.
So there was no need to go back to an older version of AOO.
I have only used this in Calc so far.

>    Like another has said, make sure you make a bug report or these things don't get
>    seen/heard of and then fixed.
>    John

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: