openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org>
Subject Re: open office vers 4
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 19:14:14 GMT
I've never had it crash on me either, but it has other shortcomings.
For me, the deal-breaker was some sort of bug in pdf export.  On second
thought, I guess what happens during pdf export is indeed a "crash".
Every time I try to export my document with "PDF/A-1a" selected, I get a
message from Windows (Win 7) saying that Open Office has stopped working.

My publisher says I need this option because that is the way to get all
fonts embedded into the document.  They will not accept a PDF file that
does not have all fonts embedded.

Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU