openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MAc osx and Oracle PDF Import Extension
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 00:41:33 GMT
On 2013-08-26 5:41 PM Eric Rainwater wrote concerning "MAc osx and Oracle PDF Import Extension":
> Hello, I have a mac with 10.6.8 and am trying to edit a PDF.  I was told to download
the Oracle PDF Import Extension for MAc and that it would import itself into OpenOffice.
Then I should be able to open a PDF and open office wold be able to read the pdf and I could
edit it.  However, when I open a PDF in Open office it just looks like mixed letters and is
all broken up.  Please advise if I missed a step or if there are step by step instructions.

Did you install the extension into AOO?  (On the menubar Tools/Extension Manager/Add)

PDFs are not designed to be edited. They are meant to be permanent. The extension gives AOO

limited ability to edit them. The best program if you must edit them is Adobe Acrobat.

reply to me personally but just to the list at <users@openoffice.apache.org> - replies
to my
personal email address will be ignored.

Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the replies to your query.To

subscribe Apache OpenOffice mailing lists go to

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com