openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: How?
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2013 04:34:16 GMT

Now, on to your question...

My best guess is that the windows add/remove stuff works by looking at
the windows registery. Removing a program probably looks in the
registery to see where the installer is located (but I am guessing).

If this points to a CD, that is a problem and you cannot remove it that
way.

My recommendation is that you download a copy of the program from the
internet (same version) and then run the installer that you downloaded.
That will probably fix your problem....

OK Al, now a question for you... were you doing something with planes in
Germany in the 1940's?

On 08/23/2013 05:23 PM, Al Simpkins wrote:
> Ido not use Open Office and tried to remove it via control panel but message says it
can't without inserting a disc wit removal on it.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php