openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Tim Deaton <...@timdeaton.org>
Subject Re: OCR Program
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2013 20:55:43 GMT
I use PDF Converter Pro version 7.x from Nuance - same family as
OmniPage. There are three options:
    1. Scan documents into an "image" pdf
    2. Scan into a "searchable" pdf
    3. Scan into a "searchable & editable" pdf
Then you convert the document from pdf into Word (.doc), WordPerfect,
RichText (.rtf), or Excel format.  Or you can highlight the pdf contents
and paste them into your other program (ie: AOO or LO).

My version 7 is old.  Nuance announced a sale on version 8, which is the
current version.  Normally @ $99.99, right now they're advertising
$69.99 (but not on the home page), and I found prices under $50 using
Google.

-- Tim Deaton