openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Guenter Marxen <>
Subject Re: AOO 4.0.0 unusable
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:38:49 GMT

Am 15.08.2013 11:48, schrieb Fernando Cassia:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 3:36 AM, Josef Latt <> wrote:
>> In addition to the mail from Brian Barker.
>> You must do a so-called administration installation:
> Are you really advising end users to drop to a command line and call
> msiexec with a bunch of parameters? really? Why should the
> installation process be "disrupted"?
> I never had to do ANYTHING of the above, and I have AOO 4.0
> co-existing with older OO.o and StarOffice.

IIRC the installation process was changed with OOo 2.x. Till then a new
version did not delete the old one.

All versions of OOo and AOO respect StarOffice x.x although their
processes too are named soffice.exe and soffice.bin. (Because of needed
file filters, I have SO 7 and SO 8 parallel to AOO.)

Günter Marxen

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message