openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO on Debian/Ubuntu via APT Repositories
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 07:07:32 GMT
On 13/08/2013 BRM wrote:
>> From: Andrea Pescetti
>> The closest thing we have is a Debian repository maintained by Marcelo
>> Santana (in CC): http://markmail.org/message/5sxk6eatjdpqbe63
> Is there a reason not to host such a site on the openoffice.apache.org or openoffice.org
sites?

Well, not even the actual downloads of the OpenOffice binaries come from
openoffice.apache.org or openoffice.org, since we use the SourceForge
mirror network (for traffic reasons) and the Apache mirror network as a
backup.

But we can surely list Marcelo's repository at
http://www.openoffice.org/porting/

Marcelo, just write to the dev list (not this list) if you are
interested. What we need to know is essentially the process you use for
preparing files for your repositories (if you rebuild from sources, if
you just unpack the official DEB files and repackage them, what
differences -if any- are there between the official DEB packages and the
ones you distribute and so on).

Regards,
   Andrea.