openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dale Erwin <>
Subject Re: pop-up help I don't understand the problem
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:03:15 GMT
Unfortunately, this doesn't work too well for large documents, but it's
fine for documents of 2 to 4 sheets.  The larger documnts need to be
divided into smaller units.  I prefer one sheet per unit so that I can
fold them and bind them at home.  There is no easy way I have found to
do this.

Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU

On 8/14/2013 10:53 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
> At 14:57 14/08/2013 +0200, Lillemor Munter wrote:
>> Using Open Office, working with a document, use "tabeller", text and
>> pictures.  The document will not hold my design, Al is all over when
>> I do something new.  And this pop-up will come up now and then.  What
>> is it?
>> ...\Programblad 2013.odt\content.xml finns inte.  Vad betyder denna?
>> Kommer fram när jag arbetar i Open Office.
> I'm not sure how you are reaching this message.  Any .odt text
> document file is a zipped archive of a number of components, one of
> which is always content.xml.  If this component is genuinely missing
> from your .odt file, then the file is corrupt.  But it may be that,
> instead of opening the .odt file itself (as you should be), you are
> unzipping the .odt file and trying to open the content.xml file
> inside.  Open the .odt file directly instead. (Have you perhaps
> associated .odt with your zip utility, so that double-clicking an .odt
> file unzips it instead of opening it in OpenOffice?  If so, the quick
> workaround is to open the document file from inside OpenOffice using
> File | Open... .)
>> Vill ha 10st A4-sidor som sedan viks ihop till ett A5-häfte. Måste
>> man göra varje sida för sig? Ej testat om formaten håller sig då -
>> kanske. Men tungt jobba i typ 10-20 olika dokument för att få fram
>> ett häfte.
> This part is easy: OpenOffice does this well and calls this a "brochure".
> o Set your single document to have A5 pages in portrait orientation.
> o Create the document normally.
> o Go to File | Printer Settings... | Properties... and set your
> printer to use A4 paper in landscape orientation.
> o Go to Tools | Options... | OpenOffice Writer | Print | Pages and
> tick Brochure.  (Alternatively you can tick this in the print dialogue
> at File | Print... | Options... | Pages | Brochure.)
> OpenOffice will rearrange the various (double-sided) pages so that you
> can simply fold the resulting stack of printed sheets into a brochure

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message