openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Doug <dmcgarr...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [libreoffice-users] Conflicts?
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 20:51:51 GMT
On 08/05/2013 01:32 PM, Victor Goff wrote:
> Have you tried to type a letter using any font of your choice?  I have and it is terrible.

I have briefly tried it using Times New Roman, and also the Courier
10-pitch, and it looks fine, both on-screen and on paper. That is
the Apache OpenOffice 4.0.0 version I tried. Normally I use the Times,
so I obviously have not tested all the fonts available. I believe that
the program uses the fonts that you have loaded into your computer in a
/fonts directory, so I don't know why it would look any different than
any other document printed with that font in another app.However, some
distros don't have the True-Type fonts by default--Mint is one such--
and then the resulting output _does_ look pretty awful. If that's your
problem, you have to find a set of TTF fonts and load them into your
fonts directory.  AAMOF, altho I don't normally use Mint, I did install
it and play with it for a bit, and when I discovered this problem, I
deleted all the ugly fonts and all the weird ones--all kinds of Asian
characters--and copied a fonts directory from PCLinuxOs. VoilĂ !

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley