openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] ODF file formats vs Zip
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 20:27:15 GMT
Of course, if you close your document without saving, it will leave your document in the state
you last saved it manually.
AutoSave is only used in case of crash. Some users think that it's feature that make regular
backups, actually saving the file for future use, which is not true. Perhaps the name should
be changed to "Crash info"? Too negative perhaps.

Hagar

Le 24/06/2013 01:10, Dale Erwin a écrit :

> I don't think that's true.  I think that if you close a document without saving, it will
revert back to its state before opening it even if it has been autosaved during the editing
process.  Only if you explicitly save it will you be unable to do that.  It's as though the
only purpose of autosave is the event of a system failure.  In the even of a system failure
you have the option at reboot of recuperating all changes made up to the last autosave, but
you can decline.

> Dale Erwin
> Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
> Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU
> http://leather.casaerwin.org
>
> On 6/23/2013 5:37 AM, Hagar Delest wrote:
>> Le 10/06/2013 02:16, Richard Detwiler a écrit :
>>> Also, I don't know if this is the case with auto-save, but when manually saving,
I'm pretty sure that things can not be "undone" prior to the save. If this is indeed the case
with auto-save, this is another very good reason not to use it. You may have done something
you really want to undo, but if the auto-save happens, you can't. (Again, I'm not positive
whether this is the case with auto-save like with manual save, but I'm guessing it may be.)