openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org>
Subject Re: [libreoffice-users] Conflicts?
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 01:42:05 GMT
This is especially true with the advent of the newer wide screen
monitors.  Thee's lots of space on the sides that would give more room
at the top and bottom so that visualization of an entire document
wouldn't make the text so small it can't be seen by my tired old eyes.

And it gets compounded in the browser with the number of software
packages out there that try to add another toolbar to your browser
whether you want it or not.

Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU
http://leather.casaerwin.org

On 8/4/2013 2:35 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> Just out of curiosity has anyone tried the Apache OpenOffice 4.0 yet?
>
> I really liked the sound of the toolbar down the side so i just gave it a quick go.
I was a tad disappointed to find that toolbar was in addition to the ones we both already
have at the top and mostly was just a duplication of many of those buttons.  However 1st time
try-outs of new things seldom go completely smoothly!  lol

> I would really like to see both LO and AOO go this route and faster.  At the moment all
programs seem intent on making the screen more and more like a letter-box slit with more and
more wasted space at the sides and more and more crammed in at the top&bottom.