openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Data Analysis in OpenOffice Calc - Fast Fourier Transform analysis
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 22:51:32 GMT
Sadly, I am not aware of FFT functionality for AOO.

On 08/01/2013 10:13 AM, wils_mail@compuserve.com wrote:
> Hi AOO Users,
>
> Does anybody know whether there are any data analysis add-ons for AOO Calac V4.0.0?
I am particularly interested in a Fast Fourier Transform routine similar to the one available
in the DA extension for MS Excel.  Has anyone written an FFT  add-on function for AOO Calc?

> I have a package written for MS Excel which simulates the mixing of two sinusoidal waves
and displays both the input and output waveforms on a virtual oscilloscope that uses the graphing
feature.  The package also has a virtual spectrum analyser that will show the harmonic content
of the product waveform but this needs to use the FFT function which is available in MS Excel.
 I don’t currently use MS Office and would like to run the package in AOO but without an
FFT function, I cant use the spectrum analyser to show the harmonic content of the combined
waveforms.

> There are many applications for this type of simulation package and It would be good
to be able to use AOO Calc instead of having to rely on MS Excel!

> Advice on how to go about creating a suitable function would be most appreciated if there
are no functions currently available.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php