openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Tavutus [= Hyphenation]
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 20:36:07 GMT
Brian Barker wrote:
> Or, in English:
>> Hello
>> I downloaded the Open Office version 4. Writer does not know how to
>> hyphenate. "Available language modules" window is empty, the "Edit"
>> button is greyed out so it does not work. How do I get hyphenation?

I assume we are speaking about the Finnish version, right? The Finnish
version does not include any dictionaries: see
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/extensions.lst?view=markup
(you will see there's nothing marked with "language=fi").

If you are writing in English, you can get the English dictionary
included with the English version of OpenOffice 4 from
http://extensions.openoffice.org/node/17102

Otherwise, just give more context and we will be able to help you better.

Regards,
   Andrea.