openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Corel Eight Documents
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 18:17:36 GMT
On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:36:58 -0400
Billy Crabtree <crabtree.billy@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I first downloaded OpenOffice - It would read my old documents written
> in the Coral Eight format. Now I cannot get OpenOffice to read these
> documents. Any help you can give - I will be grateful. God bless and
> thanks.

If I am correct, Corel 8 documents are the old WordPerfect format. For copyright reasons support
for this format was removed in the more recent version(s) of OpenOffice. Individual documents
can be converted free of charge by an online service at www.zamzar.com; it is in my view worth
converting them and moving to a open format, (.odt etc) as supported by OpenOffice.

Note that, wth any format conversion, some reformatting is likely to be needed.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>