openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: How?
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2013 06:03:37 GMT
On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:23:04 -0700 (PDT)
Al Simpkins <whofreenow@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ido not use Open Office and tried to remove it via control panel but message says it
can't without inserting a disc wit removal on it.
> How can I do that when OO WAS A DOWNLOADED APP WITHOUT A DISC?
> It is eating up 326 MB OF MY HARD DRIVE.
> I NEED TO GET IIT OUT!
> Thanks

Three choices: either reinstall the version you used, then, without deleting the install files
(usually on the desktop) use Control Panel to remove it - Control Panel is looking for the
install files.

Or:
download and use RevoUninstaller at its most aggressive to remove it.

Or: just delete the Program files by hand and use some registry cleaner like CCleaner to clean
the registry,

If in any doubt about computer manipulation the first method is the safest.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>