openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Connecting paragraph styles with numbering (list) styles
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 16:57:21 GMT
On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:33:03 -0400
Janis Langins <j.langins@utoronto.ca> wrote:

> I am trying to construct an outline with nested headings for
> lectures.  Following the online manual (ch. 7, p. 259) for Open
> Office, I can create both Paragraph styles and Numbering styles but I
> cannot seem to combine them.  Could I get some sources of information please?
> Second problem:  I would like to transfer my new styles (if they
> work) to a document consisting of bits and pieces of previous
> documents with different styles and configure them to the new style
> with consistent renumbering.  There is no information in the manual on this.
> Microsoft word seems to have a renumber feature on their Outline mode
> that renumbers a collections of cut and pasted documents to make the
> heading in the new document sequential and consistent.  Open Office
> does not seem to have this.  True?  False?
> Any reference to solutions would be appreciated.
> Janis Langins

I don't do paragraph numbering so am not much help. However this tutorial might get be of
help
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=58558

I have a vague memory that there is (was?) an extension that applied a new template to an
existing document, but cannot find it in the extensions repository. If I do, I'll post back.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>