openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Janis Langins <>
Subject Connecting paragraph styles with numbering (list) styles
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 16:33:03 GMT
I am trying to construct an outline with nested headings for
lectures.  Following the online manual (ch. 7, p. 259) for Open
Office, I can create both Paragraph styles and Numbering styles but I
cannot seem to combine them.  Could I get some sources of information please?
Second problem:  I would like to transfer my new styles (if they
work) to a document consisting of bits and pieces of previous
documents with different styles and configure them to the new style
with consistent renumbering.  There is no information in the manual on this.
Microsoft word seems to have a renumber feature on their Outline mode
that renumbers a collections of cut and pasted documents to make the
heading in the new document sequential and consistent.  Open Office
does not seem to have this.  True?  False?
Any reference to solutions would be appreciated.
Janis Langins

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message