openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Exporting PDF from Master Document
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 04:30:07 GMT
On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:53:03 -0500
Dale Erwin <dale@casaerwin.org> wrote:

> I'm not really sure if that worked or not.   When I tried exporting to
> PDF this time, I got a message from Windows saying:  "OpenOffice 4.0.0
> has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working
> correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution
> is available."
>
> Windows did close the program, but I have received no notification.
>    :-)
> Like I was expecting one.
>
> Dale Erwin
> Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
> Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU
> http://leather.casaerwin.org
>
> On 8/13/2013 4:17 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 16:00:27 -0500
> > Dale Erwin <dale@casaerwin.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I am trying to export a printable PDF document from a master document in
> >> Writer (AOO 4.0.0 Win7) and cannot find the option to generate
> >> automatically inserted blank pages.  I also was unable to find this
> >> option when printing the document directly from Writer.
> >>
> >> As best as I can remember, the last time I did this, this option was
> >> prominent, but it may have been pre Apache OOo.
> >>
> > /Tools /Options /OpenOffice Writer : Print -under Other: Print automatically inserted
blank pages

I never use Master Documents so cannot comment about them, but I have never has a problem
with Export to PDF from ordinary Writer documents of any size. I'll confirm with a 5000 page
document (a compendium of one author's works for private use) later today (its computer is
asleep at other end of a sleeping house at present).
--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>