openoffice-users mailing list archives

From JB <yocha...@lavabit.com>
Subject Re: [libreoffice-users] Conflicts?
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 20:32:22 GMT
On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 13:32:44 -0400
Victor Goff <vgoff728@verizon.net> wrote:

  <top-posting corrected>

> On Aug 5, 2013, at 1:17 PM, JB wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 20:35:39 +0100 (BST)
> > Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi :)
> >> Just out of curiosity has anyone tried the Apache OpenOffice 4.0 yet?
> >>

> >  Since the announcement of it that it was out and ready for downloading.
> > Incredibly faster startup and looks a heck of a lot better too!
>
> Have you tried to type a letter using any font of your choice?  I have and it is
> terrible.

  Type a letter in Writer? Yes, I have. As a matter of fact, it wasn't actually a
  "letter", it's a list of all my movies (280+) that I have burned onto BDR's, with
  each disc number in bold and underlined and the movie titles numbered then the
  title name following. I like DejaVu sans serif size 11 and it looks great and
  prints great in AOO Writer. I've not had any trouble whatsoever with AOO or even
  OOo since I started using Linux in 2000 (that's when I quit using M$ after almost
  6 years of using it and getting so disgusted with it I switched OS's literally
  overnight).

  JB

--
“Those who suppress freedom always do so in the name of law and order.” -John v.
Lindsey