openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: [libreoffice-users] Conflicts?
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 02:05:58 GMT
On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 20:35:39 +0100 (BST)
Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi :)
> Just out of curiosity has anyone tried the Apache OpenOffice 4.0 yet?
>
> I really liked the sound of the toolbar down the side so i just gave it a quick go.
I was a tad disappointed to find that toolbar was in addition to the ones we both already
have at the top and mostly was just a duplication of many of those buttons.  However 1st
time try-outs of new things seldom go completely smoothly!  lol

> I would really like to see both LO and AOO go this route and faster.  At the moment
all programs seem intent on making the screen more and more like a letter-box slit with more
and more wasted space at the sides and more and more crammed in at the top&bottom.

> It's becoming tougher and tougher to see a whole document all at the same time.
> Regards from
> Tom :)

The individual toolbars and the sidebar are all separately switchable on/off in a standard
AOO 4.0 installation.

Switching off standard toolbars releases space at screen top; using Sidebar uses side space.
If one wishes even more vertical space one can (Operating system dependent) often turn a wide
monitor on its side.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>