openoffice-users mailing list archives

From JB <yocha...@lavabit.com>
Subject Re: Summary of AOO 4.0 download activity for 1st week
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:40:42 GMT
On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 17:12:19 +0700
"Urmas" <davian818@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Rob Weir":
> In what way do you think this is true?
>
> Bugs/features affecting Windows integration or performance are overlooked,
> sometimes for 2–3 years. Compatibility and interaction with Windows-only
> software is ridiculed.
>
> Those ones affecting Linux get more attention. It gives a clear message that
> developers give no crap about users and are concerned only with their
> corporations' interests.
>
> My pet peeve is the terrible work with dictionaries in Windows version which
> makes me use a Linux VM just to proofread documents.

  So you'd rather whine about some kind of 'problem' (that you don't give an example
  of btw, and which you simply could have written to this list about...2-3 years
  ago...to ask about it or let the dev's know about it) and pet peeves of a *FREE*
  software suite instead of going and using/buying the similar app (which has
  hundreds of people *getting paid* to work on) built purely for that nasty Windows
  OS?

  You wouldn't happen to be sitting in a park, using someone elses wireless
  connection to get online, defecating anywhere you please along with a
  hundred other people who haven't bathed in a couple weeks instead of being at work
  like the rest of us and are holding signs complaining about those who worked hard
  to have the money and company(ies) they own, would you?

  There's no pleasing the ungrateful.

--
“Those who suppress freedom always do so in the name of law and order.” -John v.
Lindsey