openoffice-users mailing list archives

From <wils_m...@compuserve.com>
Subject Data Analysis in OpenOffice Calc - Fast Fourier Transform analysis
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 14:13:17 GMT
Hi AOO Users,

Does anybody know whether there are any data analysis add-ons for AOO Calac V4.0.0?  I am
particularly interested in a Fast Fourier Transform routine similar to the one available in
the DA extension for MS Excel.  Has anyone written an FFT  add-on function for AOO Calc?

I have a package written for MS Excel which simulates the mixing of two sinusoidal waves and
displays both the input and output waveforms on a virtual oscilloscope that uses the graphing
feature.  The package also has a virtual spectrum analyser that will show the harmonic content
of the product waveform but this needs to use the FFT function which is available in MS Excel.
 I don’t currently use MS Office and would like to run the package in AOO but without an
FFT function, I cant use the spectrum analyser to show the harmonic content of the combined
waveforms.

There are many applications for this type of simulation package and It would be good to be
able to use AOO Calc instead of having to rely on MS Excel!

Advice on how to go about creating a suitable function would be most appreciated if there
are no functions currently available.

Regards

Geoff Williams