openoffice-users mailing list archives

From hash naama <hashna...@hotmail.com>
Subject LOST DOCUMENT in OO.o
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 18:34:29 GMT
G.Lauder & B.Barker,
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. My writingwas a shot in the dark, and I appreciate
your help.
I have saved a copy of the OO.o document. Ctrl + Zdoes not do anything. As I mentioned, I
was removingborders from my document. I had highlighted the whole document by 'select All'
in File (inside my document.)My next step was to reduce the number of words per line.I do
not know if either of my steps were done.
Somehow, maybe I accidentally touched a key, I lost the document. The closest keys to my resting
hands would be the bottom row on my keyboard...(left) Fn/Ctrl/MS/Alt/Pagewith lines and curser,
and (right) Alt Gr/MS/Ctrl. I did not delete,and I had been saving regularly (floppy disk
on top bar).
I had no backup or restore points set up. Yes, I said I am a novice, so you have permission
to use 'expletives removed'.
I am using Vista premium.
Please help if you can. A friend said there is a software which can be purchased or downloaded
which will retrieve all files lost,but I would not know where to start.
Many thanks,Naama