openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OO site certificate still bad
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 14:27:17 GMT
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM, James Knott <james.knott@rogers.com> wrote:
> A while ago, I mentioned the ssl certificate is not valid.  It's valid only
> for Apache.  It still hasn't been fixed.  This will dissuade those who use
> ssl from downloading.

Dissuade?  Yesterday we saw a record one-day total of 205,202
downloads of AOO.  This breaks our previous one-day record of 197,479
which was set August 30th, 2012.

I'm not sure we could handle much more traffic ;-)

But we are looking into getting a site certificate for
*.openoffice.org.  That would help secure other things, like forum and
wiki logins, etc.  Of course this is not tied to the product release
schedule.

Regards,

-Rob