openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Shari Smith <shari.sm...@uneedstuff.com>
Subject Re: Still unable to email documents with version 4 upgrade
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 16:00:58 GMT
Hi Mike, I use Thunderbird imap'd to gMail. The simple answer (and possibly
not technically correct) to your question is that gMail in itself is not a
program, like Microsoft Word is a program. Your computer can be set to open
the file type .doc with a program. As gMail isn't a program, it can't be
select as the "open with."

When you're working in your browser and offered email, it's your browser
that is handling that, not your system, hence why it can offer the gMail
option.

I believe a few people have shared some ways around this, so it can be
"made" to do it. I find Thunderbird the easiest, as I use it for my email;
hence why I choose that route.