openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Still unable to email documents with version 4 upgrade
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 19:29:52 GMT
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dang, I failed to paste the URL... here it goes again.
> http://code.google.com/p/tvhgooglemapi/downloads/detail?name=tvhgooglemapisetup-0.4.exe
>
> Please report if it works for you. The worst that could happen is that
> it doesnt work, and you would have to uninstall it.

I can confirm that it works. I have made a blog post, including
screenshots. I would sleep better if someone with time audits its
source code and tells me it's safe wrt the handling of GMail login
credentials. Being open source under an Apache license, it would also
be quite easy to integrate with AOO, IMHO.

Integrating Apache Open Office 4.0 with GMail via MAPI
http://geekgaucho.blogspot.com.ar/2013/07/integrating-apache-openoffice-40-with.html

FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell