openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Steele, Raymond" <>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: OpenOffice 3.3 and Java 7
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 21:06:06 GMT
Is OpenOffice asking you to enable JRE when you use OpenOffice? Do you have the "Use a Java
runtime environment" checkbox checked under Tools -> Options ->Java? If so, are any
JRE's listed?

-----Original Message-----
From: Don []
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 2:02 PM
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: OpenOffice 3.3 and Java 7

On 7/3/2013 3:28 PM, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> The issue I am having is OpenOffice will not accept the Java 7 JRE via Tool->Options->Java->Add.
When I try to add the Java 7 JRE, I receive the following  popup:
> "The folder you have selected foes not contain a Java runtime environment. Please select
a different folder."
to upgrade our systems to Java 7, but cannot seem to get Java 7 to work correctly with OpenOffice
version 3.3. I understand there is a company (Adfinis SyGroup AG) that is porting OpenOffice
to Solaris x86, but I am not sure of its status. Once the port is complete, will the software
be managed by the Apache Software Foundation and made available at
If so, is there a timeline for this?
> Otherwise, has anyone been able to get OpenOffice 3.3 to work with Java 7?
> Thanks,
> Raymond

I have the below system and programs:
Desktop PC: PowerSpec B820
Processor: 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard: Intel DP67DE
8GB DDR3 1333Mhz DRAM
OS: Windows 7 Pro (x64) SP 1 (build 7601) Open Office 3.3.0, OOO330m20(build: 9567) JRE 7
update 25 build: 1.70_25-b17

JRE is in both Program Files and Program Files (x86), also Windows/System32

Open Office 3.3 does not recognize JRE in any of those folders, just discovered this yesterday!
 Never had this problem before.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: