openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Steele, Raymond" <raymond.ste...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: OpenOffice 3.3 and Java 7
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 19:28:01 GMT
The issue I am having is OpenOffice will not accept the Java 7 JRE via Tool->Options->Java->Add.
When I try to add the Java 7 JRE, I receive the following  popup:

"The folder you have selected foes not contain a Java runtime environment. Please select a
different folder."

From: Steele, Raymond
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 10:59 AM
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org; users@openoffice.apache.org
Cc: 'nicolas.christener@adfinis-sygroup.ch'
Subject: OpenOffice 3.3 and Java 7

Hello,

We are currently running Solaris x86 with OpenOffice 3.3. We have recently be directed to
upgrade our systems to Java 7, but cannot seem to get Java 7 to work correctly with OpenOffice
version 3.3. I understand there is a company (Adfinis SyGroup AG) that is porting OpenOffice
to Solaris x86, but I am not sure of its status. Once the port is complete, will the software
be managed by the Apache Software Foundation and made available at http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html.
If so, is there a timeline for this?

Otherwise, has anyone been able to get OpenOffice 3.3 to work with Java 7?

Thanks,

Raymond