openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Steele, Raymond" <raymond.ste...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: OpenOffice 3.3 and Java 7
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 19:12:09 GMT
Thanks Fernando. I think he was only using the visual c++ redistributables as an example. Do
you have any input to the issue we are facing?

-----Original Message-----
From: Fernando Cassia [mailto:fcassia@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 12:09 PM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: OpenOffice 3.3 and Java 7

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Steele, Raymond <raymond.steele@lmco.com> wrote:
> under windows, java 7 requires visual c++ redistributable 2010, which is packed neither
with it nor with aoo and should be downloaded separately.
> there might be some similar requirements to update the libraries under solaris too.

This advice is total nonsense. Since when Microsoft compilers have ANYTHING to do with Java
on non-windows platforms?

FC

--
During times of Universal Deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act Durante épocas
de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto Revolucionario