openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Don <donovanhender...@msn.com>
Subject Re: EXTERNAL: Re: OpenOffice 3.3 and Java 7
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 21:34:50 GMT
On 7/3/2013 5:06 PM, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> Is OpenOffice asking you to enable JRE when you use OpenOffice? Do you have the "Use
a Java runtime environment" checkbox checked under Tools -> Options ->Java? If so, are
any JRE's listed?

When I try to add the Java 7 JRE, I receive the following  popup:

>> "The folder you have selected foes not contain a Java runtime environment. Please
select a different folder."

to upgrade our systems to Java 7, but cannot seem to get Java 7 to work correctly with OpenOffice
version 3.3. I understand there is a company (Adfinis SyGroup AG) that is porting OpenOffice
to Solaris x86, but I am not sure of its status. Once the port is complete, will the software
be managed by the Apache Software Foundation and made available at http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html.
If so, is there a timeline for this?

>> Otherwise, has anyone been able to get OpenOffice 3.3 to work with Java 7?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Raymond
>>

> Raymond,
>
> I have the below system and programs:
> Desktop PC: PowerSpec B820
> Processor: 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5-2500K
> Motherboard: Intel DP67DE
> 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz DRAM
> HDD: SATA 1 x 2TB
> OS: Windows 7 Pro (x64) SP 1 (build 7601) Open Office 3.3.0, OOO330m20(build: 9567) JRE
7 update 25 build: 1.70_25-b17

> JRE is in both Program Files and Program Files (x86), also Windows/System32
>
> Open Office 3.3 does not recognize JRE in any of those folders, just discovered this
yesterday!  Never had this problem before.

> Don

Raymond,

Use a Java runtime environment is checked, none are listed nor can I add the JRE that I have,
as Open Office does not recognize the Ver 7 that I have as listed above.

Don