openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Scooter <scoo...@scootersdesk.com>
Subject Re: AOO-Members dont forget voting
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2013 19:22:38 GMT
Good Afternoon Rob & Group,

I whole heartily agree with your summation.
I would much prefer the slower paced actual fixing and additions that
worked, then the fastpace "maybe it will work" and see if the users find
the problems the developers missed.
I don't stay abreast of LO, since I'm not using LO. My opinion is that
there seems to be less to writer then there used to be. the dictionary
is now working. Hopefully, a better update can be established so the
user doesn't have to figure out whether they have the latest or not.
Possibly some way to notify of upcoming updates?
I WAS happy with v3.3, but I'm not not a heavy user of AOO, because it
isn't 100% compatible with Microsoft Office, especially in the spread
sheet department. I need converted "xls" to work with my AutoCad
software, which currently it will not. That's mostly the fault of
AutoDesk, who doesn't keep up with new world of office software. I am
not one to hang on to expensive Office software because of one program
that requires its usage.
I am happy that Open Office is alive and progressing at a solid pace of
excellence. I'm also ecstatic that its mainline rather then in
"Incubation", that word gave me the shivers.

Take Care.
Scooter
College Park, MD USA