openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Open Office Spreadsheet Question...
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 12:40:28 GMT
At 00:03 01/07/2013 -0700, Aj Marshall wrote:
>I was just wondering if there is a way to lock the background color
>of a cell without locking the number in it. See, I'm using the
>spreadsheet as a points system and each week I have to move people
>around but what happens is I have to reformat a lot of the background colors.

You need to move the values in your spreadsheet whilst keeping the
background colours where they are?  That's easy if you use Paste Special.

o Copy the required cell(s).
o Go to Edit | Paste Special... (or right-click | Paste Special... or
Ctrl+Shift+V).
o In the Paste Special dialogue, remove the tick from "Paste all" if
necessary and then ensure that Text, Numbers, or whatever are ticked
and that Formats is *not* ticked.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker