openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rima Schulkind <r...@schulkind.com>
Subject Re: Navigator
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 18:31:55 GMT
I was cc'd this email, and while it doesn't address my query, you sound like someone who might
know something about this awful word processing app. Here are the questions I sent to users@open
office-  and received no response:

1. How can I change the default font?

2. Can I make saving to the desktop the default instead of to documents?

3. How can I alphabetize a list of words, and can I do this by either first name or second
name?

On Jul 19, 2013, at 12:11 AM, Graham Lauder wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 14:05:35 +1200, Dale Erwin <dale@casaerwin.org> wrote:
>
>> That doesn't work.  The only thing that happens when I hit F5 is the document inside
the window frame shifts to the right about 1/8 of an inch.  Then if I press F5 again, it shifts
back to its original position.  But no Navigator.

> That means most likely that navigator is docked but minimised.  Check to see if there
is a a row of about 6 dots in a vertical row about half way down one side, most likely on
the left as that's the default.  If its not there press F5 and see if it appears. If it does
then just hover your cursor over until a double ended arrow appears. Click and hold and drag
away from the screen edge.

> Cheers
> GL
>

>> Dale Erwin
>> Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
>> Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU
>> http://leather.casaerwin.org

Win 7 / OOo 3.4.1 which I've been working on for nearly 3 years now.  I don't remember at
this point just what version of OOo I was using when I created the documents, but I've been
on this version for quite a while now.  Every time I used to open the master document it used
to automatically open the Navigator alongside it (including under my current system), and
it was a little annoying because it was always on top of what I wanted.  Now, I NEED the navigator
and it doesn't open.  I have no idea what I might have done to suppress it.