openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Navigator
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 18:44:21 GMT
On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 14:31:55 -0400
Rima Schulkind <rima@schulkind.com> wrote:

> I was cc'd this email, and while it doesn't address my query, you sound like someone
who might know something about this awful word processing app. Here are the questions I sent
to users@open office-  and received no response:

> 1. How can I change the default font

Set a blank document up as you wish, changing the styles, then save as a template.
Details at
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1161

> 2. Can I make saving to the desktop the default instead of to documents?

Change the path under /Tools /Options/OpenOffice.org :Paths
Yoou may need to restart OpenOffce including the Quickstarter for this to take (I'm not certain)

> 3. How can I alphabetize a list of words, and can I do this by either first name or second
name?

/Tools /Sort - best to consult the Help file for more detail.

> On Jul 19, 2013, at 12:11 AM, Graham Lauder wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 14:05:35 +1200, Dale Erwin <dale@casaerwin.org> wrote:
> >
> >> That doesn't work.  The only thing that happens when I hit F5 is the document
inside the window frame shifts to the right about 1/8 of an inch.  Then if I press F5 again,
it shifts back to its original position.  But no Navigator.

> > That means most likely that navigator is docked but minimised.  Check to see if
there is a a row of about 6 dots in a vertical row about half way down one side, most likely
on the left as that's the default.  If its not there press F5 and see if it appears. If it
does then just hover your cursor over until a double ended arrow appears. Click and hold and
drag away from the screen edge.

> > Cheers
> > GL
> >

> >> Dale Erwin
> >> Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
> >> Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU
> >> http://leather.casaerwin.org

under Win 7 / OOo 3.4.1 which I've been working on for nearly 3 years now.  I don't remember
at this point just what version of OOo I was using when I created the documents, but I've
been on this version for quite a while now.  Every time I used to open the master document
it used to automatically open the Navigator alongside it (including under my current system),
and it was a little annoying because it was always on top of what I wanted.  Now, I NEED the
navigator and it doesn't open.  I have no idea what I might have done to suppress it.

Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>