openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: LOST DOCUMENT in OO.o
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 20:08:08 GMT
On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 18:34:29 +0000
hash naama <hashnaama@hotmail.com> wrote:

> G.Lauder & B.Barker,
> Thank you so much for your prompt reply. My writingwas a shot in the dark, and I appreciate
your help.
> I have saved a copy of the OO.o document. Ctrl + Zdoes not do anything. As I mentioned,
I was removingborders from my document. I had highlighted the whole document by 'select All'
in File (inside my document.)My next step was to reduce the number of words per line.I do
not know if either of my steps were done.
> Somehow, maybe I accidentally touched a key, I lost the document. The closest keys to
my resting hands would be the bottom row on my keyboard...(left) Fn/Ctrl/MS/Alt/Pagewith lines
and curser, and (right) Alt Gr/MS/Ctrl. I did not delete,and I had been saving regularly (floppy
disk on top bar).
> I had no backup or restore points set up. Yes, I said I am a novice, so you have permission
to use 'expletives removed'.
> I am using Vista premium.
> Please help if you can. A friend said there is a software which can be purchased or downloaded
which will retrieve all files lost,but I would not know where to start.
> Many thanks,Naama
Use Google or some other search engine to look for an Undelete utility and see if this can
find an earlier copy of your saved file.

If everything was selected everything would be replaced by the next key pressed, which might
explain why everything vanished.

The more you use your computer in the meantime the less the chances of you finding a copy
of the file in question.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>